Monday, October 31, 2011

Just Checking In

Well my friends, we are to the end of Phase 3. Tomorrow I catch a plane to Rome to meet my dear friend Aubrey for a tour of all of Italy. I am really excited. Here are just some odds and ends...

Favorite Italian Quotes:
"We do not suffer from this, you have sweet blood." (Referring to my bounteous mosquito bites)
"You are like an elephant, you have a good memory."
"She doesn't drink, but she does a lot of drugs." (Referring to me and my lack of drinking tea, coffee, wine, beer, etc)
"Are you Amish?" (I got that question alot)
"I don't like art, only graffiti."

I have also read 12 books while in Italy. Some of them even say on the cover, "Not to be introduced into the British Empire or the USA." Such haters. I'd list the books I've read but I know no one really cares. Suffice it to say my favorite was Eat, Pray, Love (cliche, I know) and the rest were murder mysteries.

I have been in Italy 10 weeks and I am excited to be coming home. Afterall, a girl can't be on vacation forever. This has been a wonderful experience and I have loved the people I've met and the culture I've been able to experience.

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to seeing you and hearing all about it! Please bring home some good food for me:)

    ReplyDelete