Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Unexpected Bonding and Facing Fears

Ivana went to church with me on Sunday, it was nice to have her there. Strange that she understood the language, and I understand the doctrine, but I don't understand the language and have no idea what was said. She said one of the speaker said good words, and said he can marry people, so we talked about the Rome temple.

After church we went to Ivana's parent's cottage. It was about an hour away and simply lovely. We had a big dinner with some family friends. Later we went for a walk, which was actually more like a LONG hike to a waterfall. On the walk, one of the family friends, Andrea talked to me the whole time in English. He was 17 and a pure delight. "Sorry if I annoy you, I just want to practice my English." Who knew I could talk to a 17 year old for 2 hours and not run out of things to say?
The surrounding area (not exactly a clear day).

Cottage

What Italian home is complete without Snow White garden gnomes?

Lunch

Ivana and me at the waterfall.

My buddy Andrea.

Me with the grandparents.

Other things I've seen:
Bridge at shopping center.

Palazzo Reale

Palazzo Madama

Sunset view from the apartment.

Facing Fears:
With all my thinking time here I've decided I need to face my fears more often. The following video is Jerry Cortez (my guitar teacher) and I playing and singing Falling Slowly. Maybe 2 people have seen this video before. Enjoy (and please ignore the watermark...).


6 comments:

  1. I like! I just couldn't watch it while I listened, because then I saw you singing a very pretty/romantic song with an old man. But it was super beautiful. I like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful song! I love reading about your adventure so you should keep posting often :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very nice song. I have been trying to catch up on your blog! Isn't it nice to be living in a society where people really value their time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CB! That was incredible! Thanks for sharing that with us. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was awesome Camille... Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had tears in my eyes, remembering the good ole days when we were room-roomerates, days of convincing you that I was your best friend, and singing the da...da...da.. song under the makey-outy lights.

    I love you, I miss you

    ReplyDelete